Monday, November 7, 2011

Cincinnati part2

So, this entry and the pictures will be what you make of them. *read-contemporary
One of the other days we were in Cincy and wandering around we decided to go to a Contemporary Art Museum. Now, I am not much of an art person so I had a little more fun just trying to take pictures than actually looking at the art. Now, the artists are very creative and talented, but honestly sometimes I have no idea what they are doing or where they are going with some of the pieces.

The fun part was actually on the top floor on the museum. They called in an Un-museum. It was a place for kids to look and enjoy 'art'. They were encouraged to touch and explore the exhibits. 
This picture is exactly what it looks like...a trailer. I didn't read the little sign that said what it was really supposed to be, but I am sure we can all use our imaginations and come up with something. The best part was that you could go inside and it rocked/bounced. Elise really liked going in there because she could sit on a bench inside (padded, for everyone's protection) and 'bounce' around. Like I said...art?

This wall was interesting because the little gray box had buttons on it labeled with musical chords. Then when you pushed the button it made (was supposed to) the sound of that cord and it lit up one of the colored squares. It was fun to play around with, but Matt and I weren't really convinced that they were the right sounds.

This is what you saw when you got upstairs. It was just made out of all different kinds of materials.


This is the information about the next exhibit. It is kind of self explanatory when you read it, but definitely one of the more interesting things to see.
(my flash is over the word 'different'. just insert the word when you read about this exhibit and it will make sense)
Elise really liked this exhibit because she could open some of the drawers and see what was inside or it made a really cool sound. I bet we spent a good 10-20 minutes just playing with all the drawers. There was one drawer in particular that she wanted to open over and over. I'll load a video if it because pictures/video can say so much more than I could write.
This was a kind of story wall. It classic tales printed on the wall. As you can see it was pretty large because that is Aunt Sis looking at one of the books.



The rest of the pictures are just some other things in the museum. After one or two floors someone finally told me that I wasn't actually supposed to take pictures. The pictures with Elise in them, I know she liked making the shadows on the wall more that she cared about what was actually being projected onto the wall. (digital art)










Here is a link to the video. Dancing
Sara M-J, I know you will get a kick out of the video. Looks like we might have a fan on our hands. (you will understand when you watch the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment