Sunday, January 26, 2014

15 months

Here she is...my not so little baby. 15 months! Wow, where has the time gone. Although, now I am getting to the point where I actually remember when Elise was about this age. I attribute some of that to the fact that I started blogging around that time. It was on another page, but I can still remember doing it. I don't feel like Maggie has changed a lot, but then again...leaps and bounds!
She is definitely eating more foods, and requests (read whines until satisfied) to eat food off of my plate or more recently if Sis has something she might think she is missing out. Though usually it is my plate and most of the time actually is the same thing on her tray, she just wants it from me. Ha, always the mom willing to share, right?

She has become interested in using a spoon. I say, good for here, except for the fact that she is SO messy. I'm not sure she didn't do a better job when she used her fingers. Usually I can get away with putting something on the spoon and helping her guide it to her mouth. That way it gets in there!
Elise decided she wanted to be in a picture. And this is the face I got...then she left!

See? Spoon in one hand, but used her fingers to pick up the yogurt.

All four of these pictures were taken in succession, and had no help from me! This is a small puzzle toy that she got from my mom, and really likes it. Now she has gotten pretty good at it. She can easily put all the pieces where they belong, but sometimes she tries to put them in different places. There are times I think she either forgets, or tries one more time to see if it will fit in a different spot.


Baby genius? Maybe... A little biased, definitely!
About 11:30am this is a typical look. She is not taking a morning nap anymore, but often gets tired in the morning before lunch. She is a thumb sucker and blankie holder. Super cute, right!? (for now, ha)

Milestones:
Maggie still isn't walking, but has gotten better at walking on her knees. I'm telling you, I am going to buy her some knee pads so she doesn't ruin any more pants. Although, I think I am thankful she is doing it this time of year and not the summer. Her knees would be a wreck! (Hindsight: maybe that is why she is still doing it, hmm) Anyway, she doesn't have a lot of words, but she understands a lot! She knows where her ear, head, nose, feet, teeth, tongue, and hair is located. Sometimes she will point/poke her eye if you ask her, but not consistently. She is making attempts to say words like 'book' and 'cheese'...two of her favorite things. Also, "Peg + Cat" has become 'catcat'. And she always makes the same sound when she is referring to the show. She knows what sound a cow makes, and usually makes that sound when she sees one. She has also started trying to say the word 'up.' Usually she just crawls over, pulls her self up on your legs, and says 'uh.' Close enough, and a good start, right?! Her newest fascination is with light switches, and going up the stairs herself. If she doesn't get a chance to do either one herself (when she sees the opportunity) a small protest ensues. I know that this age gets to be a lot of fun, and it just gets better. We will see what the future holds for this bright little 15 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment