Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Yesterday, August 14th, was Elise's first day of Preschool. She is going for 2.5 hours, 2 days a week (Tues/Thurs). Personally, I think this is going to be great for everyone. Elise gets more social/learning time, and I get some time to get things done before the baby comes, then once the baby comes (hopefully) I get some rest/bonding time. It's a win/win all around. (at least that is how it plays out in my head, ha.)

Elise didn't really want me to take her picture yesterday morning before we left for preschool. She 'didn't want to be late." So she made this face at me as we were going to get into the car. 

Then luckily I coaxed her outside, in front of our door, to take some pictures. Then all the sass came out.


 See my silly face!
 This is my tough face!


 Finally, at least one that she is not making a crazy face, and she is showing off her school bag. Green Puppy did not go to school too, he stayed in the car. Though I think if I would have let her she would have gladly taken him along. He goes EVERYWHERE with us!

 These pictures are of her in front of her nametag at school. There is a row of pegs outside the classroom where everyone hangs their bag. I know the first one looks like she is a little panicked, but I assure you she wasn't. I was just trying to get any picture as quickly as I could. It was also hard to get her to actually look at me because there was definitely some commotion in the hallway.
She did a great job, and didn't seem to have any problems. I did fine until I had to walk out of the building without her. It was definitely a bittersweet moment. I can't believe how much she has grown up and what a great kid she is. I really hope she enjoys preschool, and so far she seems too. I think she was most excited to play in their dramatic play area (aka-play kitchen with food). She said they also did some playdoh, puzzles, and first day - get to know you type stuff. When the teacher walked her out she said that she did excellent and everyone seemed to have a good day. I can't wait to see what she brings home and learns in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment